Dermaplaning is a procedure used to shave and exfoliate the epidermis of the face.
How It Works
Although this technique is rarely used, it is gaining in popularity among dermatologists as a means of removing the epidermal layer of the face in order to eliminate the fine hairs growing out of it. Using a scalpel, our aestheticians gently shave the skin off the face in short, steady wisps. Removing the outer layer leaves skin smooth and chemical-free.
Benefits of Dermaplaning
The main benefit of Dermaplaning is that it does not introduce the body to harsh chemicals or lasers. This makes it perfect for expectant mothers and older patients. Other benefits include:
- Smooths out wrinkles and lines
- Reduces visible scars from acne and chicken pox
- Evens skin tone
- Serums and topicals can penetrate deeper after treatment
Risks of Dermaplaning
One of the greatest benefits of choosing Dermaplaning is that there are so few risks. Some of the potential issues include:
- Slight bleeding is possible from small cuts, such as the ones received when shaving at home
- Skin sensitivity for up to an hour after the procedure